1. Most people love Cities and many are flocking there from the country.
2. City people sometimes earn more than country people.
3. It is enough to visit the countryside at weekends.
4. Commuting does not really affect those who live in cities; it is only a small inconvenience.
5. People easily adapt themselves to city life; noise and traffic are hardly noticeable.
6. There are many reasons why city life is preferable: there are more places for entertainments, and etc.
7. There are better schools and services in big cities.
8. There are more chances of employment. The range of jobs is greater and the pay is higher.
9. There are more opportunities to succeed in life.
10.The educational level is higher; it is a better place for children.
1. large modem cities are too big to manage.
2. Commuting stretches man's resources to the utmost.
3. City-dwellers adopt a wholly unnatural way of life. They lose touch with the land and the nature. They are barely conscious of flowers and leaves, and the changes of season become irrelevant to their lives.
4. Rents are high; buying a house is impossible for average people.
5. Cities breed crime and violence; houses are often burgled.
6. Tension in big cities shortens people's lives.
7. People lose too much time in commuting to and from work.
8. In big cities there are not enough public toilets.
9. Pollution in big cities is becoming more and more serious.
10.City people are not as warm-hearted and friendly as country people.
1. Cars are evils resulting from modernization, for they make people suffer rather than enjoy life.
2. Traffic accidents caused by cars not only bring death and injury, but also make people suffer mentally and psychologically.
3. Every year car owners have to pay vast sums to the exchequer: road tax, purchase tax, oil tax, etc. This is a big drain on their resources.
4. Since China has such a large population, the popularization of private cars will only bring about serious social problems.
5. Cars should be done away with. We should try to find a safer means of transportation which will bring joy and comfort rather than injury and death.
6. The roads are so often jammed with cars that ambulances and fire engines find it difficult to fulfill their duties.
7. People's hidden frustrations and disappointments are brought to the surface easily when they drive.
8. Road networks for cars have not only made cities uninhabitable, but also desecrated the countryside.
9. Cars often produce air pollution and fill the cities with unbearable noise.
10.Cars are the cause of traffic accidents. All over the world thousands upon thousands of people are killed or injured every year.