The Eye: Basic Sciences in Practice, 4e.pdf
This title is directed primarily towards health care professionals outside of the United States. A concise textbook of basic science for trainees and residents in ophthalmology.
- The only all-embracing textbook of basic science suitable for trainee ophthalmologists - other books concentrate on the individual areas such as anatomy.
- Attractive page design with clear, colour diagrams and text boxes make this a much more accessible book to learn from than many postgraduate textbooks.
- Presents in a readable form an account of all the basic sciences necessary for an understanding of the eye - anatomy, embryology, genetics, biochemistry, physiology, pharmacology, immunology, microbiology and infection and pathology.
- More on molecular pathology.
- Thorough updating of the sections on pathology, immunology, pharmacology and immunology.
- Revision of all other chapters.
- More colour illustrations.
- Anatomy of the eye and orbit.
- Embryology and early development of the eye and adnexia.
- Biochemistry and cell biology.
- Physiology of vision and the visual system.
- General and ocular pharmacology.
- Microbiology and infection.